- Picture Day retakes October 25, 2021
- FAN: “Who Gets In and Why: A Year Inside College Admissions” October 26, 2021 FAN Event with Jeff Selingo and Adam Harris, entitled “Who Gets In and Why: A Year Inside College Admissions”. See the attached flyer for participation details.
- Author visit with EPL Juana Martinez-Neal October 26, 2021 at 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85698593891#success District 65 families are invited to join our partner, Evanston Public Library, for a Zoom event on Tuesday, October 26 at 6:30pm for a conversation with award-winning author and illustrator Juana Martinez-Neal (author of “Alma and How She Got Her Name” and “Zonia’s Rain Forest”).
- D65 History Makers Series - Whitney Plantation Museum of Slavery October 27, 2021 at 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm https://district65.zoom.us/j/89247788574?pwd=SGl1ZGkxc2gvSXJzcDBYc0FJdERWdz09 Superintendent Dr. Devon Horton is inviting all District 65 families and staff to come together as a community as part of District 65’s History Makers Series! Guest speakers will share their own experiences, learnings, and teachings and how they relate to the continued implementation of our K-8 social studies curriculum framework. This framework is being…
- Registration closes for enrichment programs October 29, 2021
Monthly Archives: October 2016
Dear Walker families, Thank you so much for coming to our in-school Book Fair! We enjoyed seeing so many of you during the fair and on Special Friends Day. We know Parent-Teacher conferences always keep families busy, and appreciate the … Continue reading
ESCCA is available to all K-8th grade children of Evanston/Skokie District 65 schools. Last school year, ESCCA served over 700 children (14% of which were refugee or homeless). We are on track to serve the same number (or more!) children this year. … Continue reading
Please see below – If you have cold-weather items to donate, please bring them to Walker for ESCCA!
An Important Message from the Board President and Superintendent Dear District 65 Staff, Families, and Community: We have both lived in Evanston for many years having moved here with our families to enjoy everything Evanston has to offer, including outstanding … Continue reading
An Important Message from the Board President and Superintendent Dear District 65 Staff, Families, and Community Members: We know that many of you are interested in the progress we are making in negotiating a contract with our teachers. We began … Continue reading
From Ms. Hertel: Walker Families, Perspectives: A Shared Author Experience, is a program funded by Foundation 65 that brings children’s authors to District 65 schools. The Perspectives program allows District 65 students and families to view issues from multiple perspectives, … Continue reading
YOU’RE INVITED! DISTRICT 65 COMMUNITY CAFÉ SERIES HOSTED BY SUPERINTENDENT PAUL GOREN Connect with Superintendent Paul Goren over coffee and conversation as part of District 65’s Community Café series for the 2016-2017 school year! No set agenda or presentations – … Continue reading