Walker Elementary School PTA
Enrichment Program Offerings for Trimester 2/Winter 2020 (2019-2020)
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Here is the information regarding Enrichment (before and after school program offerings for the Winter trimester of the 2019-2020 school year).
Friday, November 8th at 9am you can begin to enroll for enrichment.
Please carefully review this information: Winter 2020 Session (11 weeks) runs from December 2, 2019 – March 6. 2020. Morning sessions will run from 8:00 a.m. to 8:50 a.m. and Afternoon sessions will run from 3:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. For the Winter Session, please note that there will be NO CLASSES on professional development half-days or during school holidays or during Parent Teacher week. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to review the schedule and be aware of dates when classes are not offered.
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE: Contact Assistant Principal Dr. Chambers at email@example.com
TUESDAY FREE late bus for current bus riders: Contact Dr. Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org
To streamline our booking, we are excited to announce that we have adopted a new registration system called Homeroom that will allow us to sign up and track all enrichment classes in one place.
You will need to go https://www.homeroom.com/sites/david-e-walker-elementary-evanston or the shortened version: http://bit.ly/WalkerEnrichment
How to book classes:
- Visit http://bit.ly/WalkerEnrichment
- While viewing classes, you can filter by grade level or day of the week at the top.
- To learn more about a program, click on the course title which will provide you with more information on the course and the company leading it
- When enrollment opens and you’re ready to book, click “Login to Purchase” (or “Add to Cart” if you are already logged in) If you don’t already have an account on Homeroom, click “New to Homeroom? Sign Up” to create an account.
- Once you’re done selecting classes, click your cart button in the upper right hand corner and click “View My Cart”
- Proceed to checkout where you’ll add your student information for each class. Be sure to select an after class dismissal option for each course and student
- After all student information has been added, you’ll finalize your purchase by adding in your credit card
- Lastly, once all classes have been booked, you’ll be able to see them in your Homeroom account or add them to your Google calendar.
- A confirmation email will be sent immediately after purchase and as a reminder 48 hours before the first class starts.
You can also view a video of the enrollment process here. If you ever have any questions or need to support, feel free to use the chat box in the lower right hand corner of the site to contact Homeroom support.
For those preferring to enroll with paper, paper registration forms will go out in Friday folders for November 8th or click here to download the form.
Non-PTA Sponsored Enrichment Programming: For your scheduling convenience, we have tried to include as much of the non-PTA sponsored enrichment programming to help you with your personal planning. These activities will have their own registration and contact person(s). Some of these include: Y.O.U., Photography Club, Girls Play Sports, etc. You will notice that Girls Coding and Drama Club are also available to register via Homeroom! Walker Y.O.U. Fact Sheet 2019-2020
Schedule: Please note that the schedule is available to you in two formats – the first one is for timing and scheduling and then, the second one is with cost for registration. Registration should take place through http://bit.ly/WalkerEnrichment for the majority of these enrichment offerings.
If you have any other questions, please contact WalkerEnrichment@gmail.com We’re looking forward to another great season!