School Calendar Updates
Dear District 65 Families,
I would like to take this opportunity to share a couple of updates as it relates to the current school calendar and the calendar for the 2018-2019 school year.
2017-2018 School Calendar
As a result of the winter storm on February 9, 2018, we closed District 65 schools and centers as a safety measure. In the past, the District has used Emergency Days in the event of an unscheduled school closing. This year, the last day of school for all K-8 students will remain as scheduled on Monday, June 4, 2018. On Tuesday, June 5, 2018, staff will participate in a full-day School Improvement Day to focus on school safety, crisis management, and school climate. This opportunity is made possible through the district’s calendar waiver approved by the Illinois State Board of Education in 2016.
2018-2019 School Calendar
On Monday evening, the School Board also approved an amended calendar for the 2018-2019 school year. The first day of school for K-8 grade students remains as scheduled on Monday, August 27, 2018. Due to the addition of two professional learning dates for staff prior to students’ return to school, the last day of school is now Monday, June 3, 2019 (pending the use of Emergency Days). This calendar, in English and Spanish, is now available on the District 65 website.
I wish everyone a great spring break. Thank you.
- No School - Memorial Day May 27, 2019
- Field Day: K-2nd Grades: 9:15am - 11:00am & 3rd-5th Grades: 1:30pm - 3:15pm May 28, 2019 The kids get to spend half of their day outside playing fun physical games, including a bounce obstacle course and dancing with D.I.M.E.’s Mr. Marcus! Volunteers are needed to run activity stations during the morning and afternoon shifts. You can volunteer for either shift and you will be assigned a station upon arrival. Volunteers are…
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade Picnics May 29, 2019 at 11:00 am – 10:27 am Central Park
- 2nd & 3rd Grade Picnics May 30, 2019 at 11:50 am – 10:27 am Central Park
- 5th Grade Farewell May 31, 2019 at 2:15 pm – 3:20 pm