Once a month students will have the opportunity to visit the bookstore, during school hours, and “shop” for a book to take home. All of the books are free! The books are for students to keep forever, unless they want to trade them in at a future bookstore visit for a second book. We are looking for gently used book donations (we had lots of requests for graphic novels, Owl Diaries, DogMan, Guts, and adventure books) and parents/caregivers who would like to volunteer for a 2 hour bookstore shift. Please contact Erin Sacluti (email@example.com) to volunteer, donate, or with any questions.
- Picture Day retakes October 25, 2021
- FAN: “Who Gets In and Why: A Year Inside College Admissions” October 26, 2021 FAN Event with Jeff Selingo and Adam Harris, entitled “Who Gets In and Why: A Year Inside College Admissions”. See the attached flyer for participation details.
- Author visit with EPL Juana Martinez-Neal October 26, 2021 at 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85698593891#success District 65 families are invited to join our partner, Evanston Public Library, for a Zoom event on Tuesday, October 26 at 6:30pm for a conversation with award-winning author and illustrator Juana Martinez-Neal (author of “Alma and How She Got Her Name” and “Zonia’s Rain Forest”).
- D65 History Makers Series - Whitney Plantation Museum of Slavery October 27, 2021 at 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm https://district65.zoom.us/j/89247788574?pwd=SGl1ZGkxc2gvSXJzcDBYc0FJdERWdz09 Superintendent Dr. Devon Horton is inviting all District 65 families and staff to come together as a community as part of District 65’s History Makers Series! Guest speakers will share their own experiences, learnings, and teachings and how they relate to the continued implementation of our K-8 social studies curriculum framework. This framework is being…
- Registration closes for enrichment programs October 29, 2021