School Calendar Updates
Dear District 65 Families,
I would like to take this opportunity to share a couple of updates as it relates to the current school calendar and the calendar for the 2018-2019 school year.
2017-2018 School Calendar
As a result of the winter storm on February 9, 2018, we closed District 65 schools and centers as a safety measure. In the past, the District has used Emergency Days in the event of an unscheduled school closing. This year, the last day of school for all K-8 students will remain as scheduled on Monday, June 4, 2018. On Tuesday, June 5, 2018, staff will participate in a full-day School Improvement Day to focus on school safety, crisis management, and school climate. This opportunity is made possible through the district’s calendar waiver approved by the Illinois State Board of Education in 2016.
2018-2019 School Calendar
On Monday evening, the School Board also approved an amended calendar for the 2018-2019 school year. The first day of school for K-8 grade students remains as scheduled on Monday, August 27, 2018. Due to the addition of two professional learning dates for staff prior to students’ return to school, the last day of school is now Monday, June 3, 2019 (pending the use of Emergency Days). This calendar, in English and Spanish, is now available on the District 65 website.
I wish everyone a great spring break. Thank you.
- Coffee with the Principal: Grades K - 2nd September 16, 2019 at 9:05 am – 9:35 am Parents from any grade can come.
- District 65 Green Teams meeting September 17, 2019 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Evanston Civic Center, Lighthouse Room 2402 Join the District 65 Green Teams for their kick-off meeting of the school year! Who should attend? Every concerned D65 parent, guardian & staff member who wants to champion sustainability efforts in our schools. When: Tuesday, Sept. 17 from 6:30 to 8pm Where: Evanston Civic Center, Lighthouse Room 2402
- Walker Open House September 19, 2019 at 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm Walker Elementary School, 3601 Church St, Evanston, IL 60203, USA
- Coffee with the Principal: Grades 3rd - 5th September 20, 2019 at 9:05 am – 9:35 am Parents from any grade can come.
- PTA Equity Project Restaurant Week September 23, 2019 – September 27, 2019 During the week of September 23-27, have a delicious meal at any of these participating local restaurants and give back to the Evanston community. A portion of each dollar spent will go to the PTA Equity Project, a collaborative effort across the district to address disparities in PTA fundraising opportunities among schools. Please visit our…